Friday, September 28, 2012

More Relics

In northeastern Florida.  Traveling around the upper coast and inland.  


Will upload some video of the dives soon. 

Elsewhere...



I passed by a few buildings advertising Hi-Fi and typewriters and adding machines.

I took the advice of some commenters and readers and went to the Casbah Cafe in Avondale. Great experience.  At every restaurant, fresh grouper was offered in plenty.  Grilled, baked, blackened, broiled, in tacos, over salad, next to squash, on a plate alone, and any other way conceivable.  A chef told me that the Mahi Mahi was also within 100 miles of St. Augustine.  Could be.



Below, the man in the bow tie once again schooled me in gin consumption, and is always willing to travel to meet me anywhere.  My father.

Yankee-Whisky-Papa with Yankee-Whisky-Papa's actual Papa (seated)

3 comments:

  1. Would love to see to see the adding machine and typewriter places. Evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time, cross the river and go to the Metro Diner. The wait can be long, but the food is great.

    Looking forward to the dive videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my friend Bernard R. used to own the Metro. There were some true characters there.

      Delete

Let's keep it clean... but if you DO have to get foul, at least give it a bit of wit. Also, advertising disguised as comments will be deleted, unless it is clever.