Monday, November 12, 2012

Coat Drive




A friend/co-host/organizer put this together for the coat-drive.  
Hope you can make it, or support one in your local area.


We sat (by the fireplace after work, each with a glass of Scotch), and agreed that we wanted little to do with raising money that would only feed administratively top-heavy "charities".  A coat drive was his idea, and I was immediately onboard.  I've bitched about this before, I know.  100% of coat donations will be made available to those who need them.  If you haven't worn it in two season, you likely won't miss it.

7 comments:

  1. brilliant idea. have forwarded to a few others as will be OOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exceptionally brilliant.

    Good for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a location where donated coats can be dropped off? I will be traveling on the 14th, but would like to support the cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Mr. Sidetable: Are in or near Boston? If so, I can find out where the nearest drip box is. If not, I will try to find something in your area. Please send me an email directly: yankeewhiskypapa@gmail.com.

      Delete
    2. Their site will find a drop point for you nationwide: http://onewarmcoat.org/donate/donate-a-coat/

      Delete
  4. A friend was collecting for the residents of Staten Island and the Rockaways, so I divested myself of a number of coats and jackets that I no longer wear. Better than on someone's back than in my closet.

    Good on y'all for doing this!

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep it clean... but if you DO have to get foul, at least give it a bit of wit. Also, advertising disguised as comments will be deleted, unless it is clever.